bleeding finger inside vagina and hiv?

Hi there,

I have spent a good couple of hours searching the net regarding the risk of contracting HIV via fingering and found the risk to be low but in my case I had a still bleeding finger. The skin just above my finger nail had ripped quite deep without me noticing but upon pulling out my finger I noticed quite a lot of blood coming from the wound. The women was a sex worker in an area with a prevalence rate of 60 percent among sex workers. Am I at a higher risk than the average fingering incident or is there not sufficient white blood cells in the finger area to contract HIV this way?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi In a nut shell yes you are at a higher risk of getting HIV this way. The very open bleeding wound mixing with her vaginal fluid puts you at risk. Having this happen in a higher prevalence area also obviously increases your risk.

So my recommendation to you is to get tested. The guidelines for testing is that the three month window period is normal for most of the population. Many people will have detectable antibodies in three or four weeks, if negative then the next test should be at 3 months.

condom broke
Oral sex