HIV and psoriasis, HIV and herpes

1. Is psoriasis a symptom of HIV in the early phases of HIV? I'm a male who've had unprotected vaginal sex with two girls that i personally know and have some kind of relationship since, i think, november 2011. I know I didn't have HIV before that. Or will psoriasis only come later in a HIV infection? (Yes, I know that psoriasis doesn't have to be a symptom of HIV. And I also know that the chances that these girls - they're, like me, scandinavian - having HIV, or getting it tramsitted to me, is very, very low.)

2. I had a herpes outbreak after one of the sex acts, and stayed home from work for about a week because I felt ill. I went to the doctor - she said I had oral herpes outbreak, and I also had a little bit high CRP. In this sex act, it was only vaginal sex, not oral. Could oral herpes increase the risk of getting HIV transmitted?

Hi Having unprotected sex puts you at risk for HIV. You are correct that psoriasis is not a symptom of HIV. Having an active sexually transmitted infection active at the time of unprotected sex increases your chances of transmission of any other STI including HIV.

Though you only had vaginal sex, you had an active herpes outbreak and though you noticed it just on your mouth it doesn't mean it wasn't active anywhere else.

Getting HIV tested I believe is important with the unprotected sex and the active STI.

Be well, Shannon

chance of hiv when having unprotected anal sex with healthy guy
hiv risk