HIV through Oral Sex

Hi there, I received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute when I was visiting Thailand. I was very drunk and barely remember the experience. I have a girlfriend and I began feeling extremely guilty and depressed about my actions. After a few days I began to freak out that I might have picked up HIV. Now, I'm residing in a country where HIV is tested before you can get a residency visa so testing is hard to come by. I found a clinic and I took the RNA PCR test after about 25 days. The doctor assured me the results would be conclusive. I did not have sex with my girlfriend until I received the results which came back negative. For the next month or so I was back to normal and worry free. However, I began developing spots on my upper back shoulders about a month after that which began to scare me. Then after 3 months I travelled to India and got what appeared to be insect bites all over my left leg. This lasted for a week. I began questioning whether this would be a rash of some sort. My mouth also became really dry and my tongue turned white. I decided to get tested normally after 15 weeks, which came back negative. Since then I have been feeling fatigued, my tongue is still white and I have developed a pain in my lower back. Could these symptoms be as a result of the anxiety I was feeling for the past few months? How conclusive do you think the tests I took are? Should I get tested again? I am worried that I might have passed it on the my girlfriend after getting the original pcr result. Many thanks

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. You may have contracted another sexually transmitted infection. You also travel a lot and the possibility of picking up something while traveling is high. I would follow up with your health care provider and receive a complete screening. The HIV test you received, the RNA PCR is accurate but it is best to get an actual HIV test so I would ask for that to be included in your screening. And yes, it could all be anxiety and guilt driving the symptoms, so getting the screening and finding out what is or is not going on will help alleviate this for you.

Sore lymph nodes
Is a retest neccessary?