|HSV Anitbodies Affecting HIV Rapdi Test?
Apr 28, 2012
If your HSV antibodies are building up because you are about to get an outbreak, would you be more likely to test positive on an HIV rapid test?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Being tested for HIV and having HSV does not affect the outcome of the test. The HIV test is picking up your body building antibodies against HIV and what ever is happening in your body at the same time will not affect the outcome of the test.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Herpes Affect Hiv Test?
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.