"i had sex with hiv positive"

i am a 21 year old male i had vaginal sex with girl 1month ago who was hiv postive with a very high viral load i used two condoms no oral sex or any other risk and i never had sex before in mylife what are my chances of getting the hiv pls help me ?will a dna pcr test will be conclusive now?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

If you had sex with a condom then it sounds like you're in good shape. Condoms are very effective in preventing infection. You just need to make sure you use them correctly. This includes using lots of water-based lube. My only question is if you used the two condoms at once.. it's important to use only one condom at a time. "Double bagging" increases the risk of the condoms tearing each other.

There's lot of other information about safe sex in our forums. Feel free to check it out!

For this situation though (as long as you didn't double bag and/or the condom didn't rip) then it sounds like you didn't have any risk for HIV from the sex you had. Her body fluids never had a chance to get inside your body.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"hiv risk for hetero male" HIV+ having sex with HIV-
"How soon is HIV contagious?" Possibility of passing HIV to baby through casual contact?