"Top had Unprotected sex now has Itchy Rectum and Anus"
Apr 26, 2012
I had unprotected anal sex and was the top. Now after 16 or 17 days I woke up and had a hard bowel movement and than I had diarrea on 4-16-2012 at around 6:00AM and than soft stool bowel movement after I ate dinner at 6:30PM. I suffer from anxiety, Bipolar, depression and have alot of stress in my life. After I topped the man I found out later he was HIV Positive. I did not ejaculate inside him or in his mouth. Did not give him oral. Was in a Hot Tub with the guy at a bathhouse. Drank some drinking water he purchased he might have drank some before I touched the bottle and drank some water. I am really worried about contracting HIV or and other STD. What Std's or Std could I have put myself at risk? Thank You very much. Very Worried here. Should I disinfect my bathtub everytime I take a bath or shower? So, So worried here.
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
Unprotected sex as the top, especially when we know the bottom is HIV+, is risky for contracting HIV and other STDs like Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, or Syphilis. Getting tested after 3 months for HIV/STDs is the only surefire way to know your status.. symptoms for HIV are so general that it's hard to know if something is because of HIV or something like anxiety.
It's important whenever you have sex to use safer sex techniques:
- Talk with your partner about the last time they tested that their results, share yours too
- Have condoms/lube around when you think sex might happen, then you have them handy
- If you have trouble keeping your sex safer, it can help to talk with other guys that you trust about it
All that said, it was the unprotected sex that was risky not drinking water after him, touching the same bottle, or using the same hot tub.
The anxiety, Bipolar disorder, depression, and stress in your life, I'm sure, can make it very challenging sometimes to take control of your (sexual) health. If you aren't already seeing a mental health professional regularly, I would encourage you too. Mental health and sexual health are very related. Our mood and motivation can help us move forward or hold us back. Check out some of the articles in our archives for more information!
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.