Is 16 weeks on a HIV test result conclusive? Worried!

I got tested for HIV 16 weeks after my exposure. They said I was negative, and that I should get tested again in 6 months. What should I do? Hearing that makes me think that it's still possible for me to have it. They say that the window period is 3 to 6 months. What should I do at this point? Should I be worried? Please reply.. I'm really paranoid!

Hi The standards for HIV testing are to get the initial test at 3 weeks, then next at 3 months where 97% of the population test negative or positive and then at 6 months. It is because of the window period. The testing is picking up your body building antibodies against HIV and everyone develops these antibodies at different rates but definitely within the 6 month time frame. At 16 weeks things are looking good for you and I would recommend to get that final test at the 6 month mark for your certainty.

blood on toliet seat
HIV test result