4 months conclusive or not? VERY WORRIED HERE!!!

Hi Doctors,

My last exposure was with a guy, that gave be anal, 4 months ago. I recently got tested negative, but they said to come back in 6 months even if I don't do anything. Do you guys think there is a need to? Is it likely that the blood test didn't pick anything up? Some of you guys say that 3 months is enough, but others say that you have to wait 6 months to be sure. I'm really confused right now. Please Help. I'm very worried.

Hi My thoughts around testing is that you get tested initially at 3 weeks, then 3 months where 97% of the population test negative or positive and then again at 6 months which is 100% conclusive. I would get tested at the 6 month mark and if this test is negative then you are negative from this experience.

Rapid HIV TEST
Child Scratched hiv+ person and then put fingers in mouth