myths info

I would just like to clarify if I have misinterpreted the information provided on this website.

On the article '10 common fears about HIV transmission', it was said that shaking hands (which may have cuts or peeling on them) posted no risk of infection. I was thinking if both person have cuts, there must be a route for HIV to transmit. Do you mean that if there is no active bleeding (clotted wounds) there is no exchange of body fluids and it becomes a safe place to touch? Is blood clot a good barrier to HIV virus? So does it imply that as far as there is no visible secretions/blood, then it is safe to touch another person barehand?

This question is very important to me as I shaked hands and had body contact with many people everyday.

Thanks for your help, Eric

Hi Eric Yes there is no chance of transmission to occur this way. Continue to shake those hands, your biggest concern would be picking up a cold from all that hand shaking but not HIV!

Please, help. I cant even get out of bed anymore
Stuffy Nose, Rash on lower Back, Slight Fever...could this beARS?