Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tingling in Hands, Forearms and Feet
Apr 26, 2012

I had unprotected vaginal sex approx. 3 wks ago. This was only my second sexual encounter. My previous sexual partner was my girlfriend of 5 years. It was only a week ago that I started feeling unwell. I don't seem to have any flu symptoms however I feel slightly lethargic. When I urinate there is a tingling feeling around the tip of my penis. In the last couple of days I've also had a tingling, dull pain in my hands, forearms and feet. Im not sure whether this is the result of anxiety. I'm really scared and nervous about this as I understand that this sort of tingling is the first signs of HIV. Is this correct ? Can you offer any comments based on the info I've provided?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi There are many different reasons you can be having the symptoms that you describe. HIV symptoms most generally do not show up as soon as you are describing, but other sexually transmitted infections can. I would strongly recommend to you that you see a health care provider and have a full STI screening which should include an HIV test.

Be well and get tested! Shannon

Previous
Treatment as Protection?
Next
symtpoms after seroconversion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.