Tingling in Hands, Forearms and Feet

I had unprotected vaginal sex approx. 3 wks ago. This was only my second sexual encounter. My previous sexual partner was my girlfriend of 5 years. It was only a week ago that I started feeling unwell. I don't seem to have any flu symptoms however I feel slightly lethargic. When I urinate there is a tingling feeling around the tip of my penis. In the last couple of days I've also had a tingling, dull pain in my hands, forearms and feet. Im not sure whether this is the result of anxiety. I'm really scared and nervous about this as I understand that this sort of tingling is the first signs of HIV. Is this correct ? Can you offer any comments based on the info I've provided?

Hi There are many different reasons you can be having the symptoms that you describe. HIV symptoms most generally do not show up as soon as you are describing, but other sexually transmitted infections can. I would strongly recommend to you that you see a health care provider and have a full STI screening which should include an HIV test.

Be well and get tested! Shannon

Treatment as Protection?
symtpoms after seroconversion