Treatment as Protection?

I attempted protected anal sex and briefly performed unprotected oral sex with a HIV+ man last week, and I'm stressing so much about it!! He was very nice the next day by assuring me a) we were safe and b) he is on meds. He said that being on meds reduces risk of transmission by 96%. Is this true? I'm paranoid I tasted a bit of pre-cum when I gave him oral, and my gums often bleed after I brush my teeth.

Is my anxiety unfounded?

This service means a lot to me, and I'd really appreciate an answer.

Thanks.

Hi Yes he is correct that someone on HIV medication and with an undetectable viral load dramatically reduces the chances for HIV transmission to occur. Since your exposure was protect anal and then unprotected oral (Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission) You are fine. If you need peace of mind you can always be tested and the standards for testing is to receive the first one at 3 weeks another at 3 months and since your anal sex was protected if the test at 3 months comes back negative then you are negative!

HAART and 25 year survival rate
Tingling in Hands, Forearms and Feet