Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i m realy afraid as it was my 1st time
Apr 25, 2012

hi doc,i have following doubt which are scaring me.pls clear it.i had protected sex with untrusted partner.i also had foreplay with my underpants on n i had secretion on my underwear.i testd -ve after 6 weeks.wht are d chances of me geting infected.i m maried with 3 month baby.pls ans me as i m realy scared n kepng my wife away til i m confidnt that i m -ve.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The key word here is "protected". Using a condom during penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV. I am confident that you protected yourself from HIV during this incident.

If you like, you can get an accurate HIV test result at 12 weeks.

In health,

Richard

Previous
4TH TIME POSTING Please Help
Next
tested positive and negative in the same day

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.