The CDC says 3 months might not be enough?! Help please!!
Apr 25, 2012
I know you say that 3 months is conclusive, but the CDC says that only 97 percent of people will produce antibodies in that time. What are the other 3 percent? People with bad immune systems? Please Help!!!
Response from Mr. Cordova
The other three percent are people with certain auto-immune disorders (you would know if you had one), or someone who was infected with Hepatitis at the same time as HIV, and was experiencing symptoms of acute Hepatitis infection. It's not for people with "bad immune systems"
Bottom line: For the general public, three months is conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.