The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The CDC says 3 months might not be enough?! Help please!!

Apr 25, 2012

Hi Richard,

I know you say that 3 months is conclusive, but the CDC says that only 97 percent of people will produce antibodies in that time. What are the other 3 percent? People with bad immune systems? Please Help!!!


Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The other three percent are people with certain auto-immune disorders (you would know if you had one), or someone who was infected with Hepatitis at the same time as HIV, and was experiencing symptoms of acute Hepatitis infection. It's not for people with "bad immune systems"

Bottom line: For the general public, three months is conclusive.

In health,


"Is it possible to make HIV+ semen safe to swallow?"
Can't Stop Fretting About Oral with HIV+ Man

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint