"Is it possible to make HIV+ semen safe to swallow?"

My HIV positive partner and I would enjoy it if I could swallow his semen, even if it was not immediately upon his ejaculation. I realize this is an unusual question, but is there any way that we could make his semen safe for me to ingest?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

The most direct way, though not necessarily easy to achieve in all cases, is for your HIV+ partner to work to reduce his viral load to an undetectable level. It's been shown that the risk is negligible to transmit HIV between partners when the viral load is undetectable is there is no other STD present.

Other than that.. You could wait until his semen has sat around for a bit outside his body giving the HIV within some time to cool and die.

As always, this is something to talk over with your partner to see what you're both comfortable with.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Causes of "Blood in urine?"
The CDC says 3 months might not be enough?! Help please!!