|How long does the HIV virus survive outside the body?
Apr 24, 2012
I've read that the virus cannot survive in an HIV positive drop of dried blood. But what if a person touched a tiny wet drop of blood and has a cut on his finger even though the blood was there for more than a few minutes but still is wet?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV dies once it is outside of the body. It is a virus that can only live in the body. So touching blood minutes after it has left the body would not pose a risk.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can The AIDS Virus Detected In The Body?
- How Long The Hiv Virus Survives Out Of Human Body?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Show Up In Blood?
- The Hiv Virus Is Killed Outside The Body By Using
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In The Atmosphere?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.