The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Delayed Testing: Begging for answer Please I need answer. I think I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown.

Apr 24, 2012

I had an unprotected oral sex three weeks ago with a man of unknown status. He ejaculated in my mouth and I swallowed his semen. I want to get tested now but my problem is that I'm staying here in Saudi Arabia. As you all know they have discrimination here for homosexuals. I'm afraid that If I get an HIV test now and they ask me for the details that I had oral sex with a man, they will inform the authorities and have me arrested. My plan is to get the test on December, during my vacation in the Philippines. I'm planning to get a test there.Is it alright if I take the test in December? Because Mr Cordova advised me that oral sex doesn't need to be tested. but I'm still quite worried. Every time I experience cough and flu or anything in my body, I'm always worried thinking those are symptoms of HIV. Please Please answer me I want to have peace of mind.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi I agree with Richard, oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. The symptoms you are experiencing can be from anything, allergies, a cold, etc.....

If you are still in need of peace of mind in December then I would wait until you get to the Philippines to be tested.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

pink blotches on body
Why exactly is 3 months conclusive now?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint