|Chlamydia- cant take antibiotics
Apr 23, 2012
Hi Ive tested positive for chlamydia but I cant take the recommended azithromycin or doxycycline due to reactions because of an existing condition I have. Whats my best option? Ive heard untreated chlamydia will resolve within 6months (male) Is this the case? Would it be beneficial to find natural alternatives?
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- I would encourage that you talk with a medical provider- there are other alternative antibiotics that you can take, erythromycin or levofloxacin. Treatment is necessary and I would not recommend otherwise. Take care,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Should I Expect Once I Take An Antibiotic For My Chlamydia?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- What Antibiotics Are Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Handjob With Vaginal Fluids On Hand
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.