If I have real hiv symptoms, will I be positive on a test?

I had some itchy bumps on my chest and lower back about 13 to 14 weeks after I had my unprotected exposure. I tested back negative at 16 weeks (4 months). Should I have the need to to worried still?? I've been really worried and paranoid now, and I really need some help. Shannon says that we should still go back at 6 months to get tested, while Richard Cordova says that after 3 months (12 weeks), we're conclusive for sure. I don't know what to think right now, and it's always on my mind. Please help! My results were negative, at 16 weeks, after my first exposure. My doctor said to go back and get tested after 6 weeks too.. I'm very worried. Should I be completely worry-free now?

It would mean A LOT to me if you answered this. Thanks.

Hi Recommendations have become new and it is conclusive at 3 months. 6 months was the most previous recommendations but with the new testing and the accuracy that has been developed we know now that 3 months is conclusive.

Sorry about the confusion! Be well and stay safe, Shannon

HIV Transmission
is this a symptom of hiv?