blood injections

i have a friend who is very angry and vidictive with her boyfriend for cheating on her,instead of talking to him and resolving the matter she wants to get some revenge,the part that scares me is the thing she said she is going to do,her sister is hiv positive,so she said she is going to draw some blood from her and inject it in him when he comes over,id like to know if she injects him will he become hiv positive,or like if she draws the blood and lets it stand,not refridgrated will he not contact the virus.,please enlighten me,as i am getting nervious because he is due back from working out in a couple of days.thank you

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You should tell your friend that if she does that, and he becomes infected with HIV, she could be tried in a court of law for attempted murder. HIV starts to die the moment it leaves the human body. In a case like this, it would be hard to say exactly how long the virus would last in the needle. It is likely that within an hour the virus would be unable to infect someone.

Bottom line: Please let your friend know that a cheating boyfriend is not worth going to jail for.

In health,

Richard

Sex with guy who took off condom without me knowing it.
Positive ELISA, indeterminate Western Blot postpartum