Touched by a lap dancer - now paranoid about HIV!!!

Hi Doc,

I had a small cut on the back of my hand. Just prior to going into the club my scab came off after I put my hand in my pocket.

Whilst in the club and when I wasn't looking, a lap dancer came up next to me and rubbed the top of my hand with her fingers.

My concern is that she clearly may have minutes earlier had her fingers in her vagina when giving a lap dance. She then touched the back of my hand. I cant say whether she actually touched the cut or not. I have no idea of the HIV/sti status of the lap dancer.

Is there any chance, having possibly fingered herself minutes earlier and the fact that I had a small cut that had just been "opened up", where she rubbed the back of my hand (where the cut was) with her fingers, that she could have passed on HIV from any vaginal secretions....or even blood from her vagina (on her fingers). My cut was not bleeding per se, but was "wet" for want of a better word!

Thank you in advance....:-(

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

No. You would not be at risk in a situation like this. HIV does not live well outside of the body. Any virus present on her finger would not be able to infect you.

In health,

Richard

Please help,dying out of fear, 4th time writing in
hiv querry