First time Anal sex

I had anal sex for the first time less than 10 hours ago, stupidly unprotected. I do not know the status of my partner and have no means of Contacting him. The next morning after wiping my rectum there was some pink spots on the tissue (assuming some minor blood)......

What should be my game plan with regards to HIV/AIDS testing?

In addition to no more unprotected sex. PERIOD.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Did your partner ejaculate inside of you? Given that this was a one-time incident, HIV transmission was unlikely to occur, but it only takes one time for transmission to occur. Anytime you have unprotected penetrative sex, there is a risk. Being the receptive partner puts you at a much greater risk than if you were the insertive partner.

Since you are within 72 hours, you could certainly start a course of PEP. PEP is a 30 day course of HIV treatment, that if started within 72 hours, ASAP is best, can reduce the likelihood of transmission.

I would suggest a trip to your doctor to discuss whether a course of PEP is right for you. You can get an accurate HIV test at the 90 day mark.

Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's.

In health,

Richard

Glad to see you all have taken over and added to Dr. Bob's forum
AIDS or HIV?