Apr 21, 2012
Just as a heads up, what is the risk, (if any) of contracting an std from open mouth kissing? How much does it increase of one person has a open wound in their mouth/lip?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, Kissing does not pose a risk of HIV infection. If there is an open wound that is actively bleeding and the other recipient has an open wound that is bleeding and if one of the persons has HIV and has a high viral load is not on medication then the chances increase some.....
Be well and say safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.