Apr 21, 2012
Dear Doctor, I had an exposure in East Africa on April 2010. Unprotected insertive oral for very few seconds. Tested negative at 63 and 100 days mark. Should I get tested after 6 months, pls advise. I stay in India not sure on the generation of Elisa test. The test was through blood sample collected. No other form of sex practised. Kindly advise my risk..and possibility of testing now.. I am ciscumsized...
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi We know that at 6 months an HIV test is 100% accurate. So yes get tested at 6 months and with a negative test result you will know your status.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Scarring
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.