Blood splash

Six years ago,I was doing my clinical ride alongs on a city medic. One of the calls was for a sick subject. Upon arrival, the patient was very drunk or very drugged. Paramedic started an IV. Blood splashed in my eye.Nothing was done at the time because I was an unauthorized observer.I have worried everyday since then. What are the chances I was exposed to HIV. I am a 55 year old grandmother w/a clean lifestyle.

Hi Blood splashes can cause HIV infection to occur and with it ending up splashing in your eye this is a possible mode for transmission to occur. I would recommend you getting tested. You can get either a oral swab or a blood test both are just as accurate. You can do this with your health care provider or at an AIDS service organization in your area.

Be well, Shannon

Sex with prostitute