Swollen Glands 6 weeks after risky behavior

I was recently in Vegas and received oral sex with a condom on from a prostitute for about 5 minutes then she finished with her hand. The condom was on the entire time for the oral and it was off for the hand. About 6 weeks later my lymph nodes in my neck were swollen and still are after about 2 weeks. I searched the internet as to why that may be and now I am freaking out! I know it is bad to self diagnose online but now it is all I can think about. I have no other symptoms and this is the only risky behavior I have engaged in. Do you think this is a cause for concern? The stress is killing me! I have had uprotected sex since then and I am scared I may pass it on. I can live with the consequences of my own stupid actions but I can't live with being the cause of someone else's pain. I hope someone can answer my question. Thank you!

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV infection and when it is protected you are protected. What didn't protect you was having unprotected sex with others. That's what could have put you at risk. This is risky behavior. Though I think from what you are describing you feel that the only risk behavior you had was having protect oral sex with a prostitute, your risk was having unprotected sex with "others" as you have stated.

You need to be tested from the unprotected sex you had with the other partners you have had. The standard for testing is to receive the initial test 3 weeks from the last unprotected exposure and then another test at 3 months. If you are negative you are negative from the last unprotected exposure that you had.

Atripla and a detox body wrap
Re: Hello, please answer me