Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answe my question, I'm so worried
Apr 21, 2012

Hi Dr I've a question and I'm so worried about,8 days back I had sex with Ukrainian girl I met in the hotel, I used the condom in all time(3times) but she had put my penis inside her mouth without condom, with also French kisses, then after 3 days I got Inflammation of the larynx for 3 days thats what started my nightmare,

My question, what is the chance to get HIV, although I've asked the girl if she have anything and she said no, but I do not know her so I can not trust her answer, What kind of test I can do after 3 month because I can not do it before this time,

Please answer my I'm so worried and my life stopped after this day

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi First good for you for taking care of yourself and having sex with a condom. Second, oral transmission for HIV carries the lowest risk. After 3 months you can have a HIV test whether oral or blood is very accurate and 97% of the population will test negative or positive at this time, you can have an additional test at 6 months for a 100% test result from the time of exposure on your HIV status.

From what you have described is HIV transmission possible, yes, probable NO!

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
scared to death
Next
Hello, please answer me?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.