Does truvada affect bone healing or grafts?

Hi, I'm HIV- but take Truvada to stay that way. I recently stopped to have dental implants and some bone (cow and corpse) was added around the implants. It's been about three weeks. I'd like to start again. But I don't want to do anything to make the grafts or the implants fail. My dentist had never heard of it. I've had normal bone loss in the four years that I have been on Truvada, am healthy, take calcium supplements. I had some bone graft, rib to nose,surgery two years ago. All went well. Pediatrician friend says, sure, restart. Others tell me they have no idea.

I do not think the Truvada will interfere with jaw bone healing. The tenofovir in Truvada has been associated with loss of bone density in the long HIV+ and HIV- persons. But, that should not be an issue here as bone density is not an issue for healing. DW

Please help Dr David
Occupational exposure??