The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Semen on tongue

Apr 21, 2012

I went to get a massage and to my suprise ended up receiving a happy ending from a transsexual. This person ejaculated on my chest and masturbated me with his other hand. In the height of having a climax I licked the tip of his penis, which still had small amounts of semen on it. From the time he ejaculated to the time I licked was 1-2 minutes. Realizing what I did I did not close my mouth and wiped my tongue off and spat almost right after. Is this exposure, of maybe a drop of semen at the tip of his penis and semen on my chest, something I should worry about for HIV or other STDs? I have had no other risky situations like this and am concerned for myself and regular partner.

Response from Dr. Wohl

You have asked a question that many writing to this site have asked. Therefore, this is a standard reply I have prepared.

Oral sex is a very inefficient way to acquire HIV. The mouth does not contain the type of cells that HIV likes to infect. One study from Europe that followed couples where one person was HIV+ and the other HIV- failed to find a case of HIV transmission despite unprotected oral sex.

If you remain worried, due to some circumstance, you can certainly get tested for HIV. By 4 weeks after the encounter, antibodies to HIV are almost always detected by standard HIV tests.

Please be aware that syphilis, herpes simplex virus, and gonorrhea can certainly be transmitted by oral sex.


Please guide
Please help Dr David

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint