hiv survival in freezer? conflicting info
Apr 21, 2012
Hi Dr. I have looked through the archives and an older post from 2001 states that hiv can survive in a frozen environement, whereas a newer post states that it cannot.
Would you mind clarifying the issues? Thanks doc!
Response from Dr. Wohl
I doubt HIV can survive frozen. That is not to say sex in the tundra is safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Licking Anus Worried I Have AIDS
- Is Oral Ulcers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.