Discharge question

Dear Richard,

First of all RIP Dr Frascino (Dr Bob) You will never be forgotten :(

I would just like to say Thanks in Advance to you for any reply, You guys are really doing a wonderful job here. Just for you to know i'm a 28 year old Male from United Kingdom

I hope you don't mind me posting a message here but I don't know where else to turn, and I find you guys are very helpful :)

Heres my nightmare:

Last year I had unprotected sex over several months with a 28 year old British female. After about 2 weeks of having sex with her several times, I started to notice a rather "damp" feeling from my penis. I would check my penis but it looked fine, no discharge, no pain urinating, I also started checking my boxer shorts but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary etc anyway I started to get worried I may have caught an STD/HIV. So I waited and went to my local GUM clinic. Had a full STI screen all my results came back Negative, Also had a HIV test which also came back negative.

Going forward, About 2 weeks ago I started having sex with a new partner, She is 33, sexy and bisexual. I thought all my dreams had come true, but I started having unprotected vaginal sex with her, I didn't worry (foolishly) until 2 days later when I started to notice this "damp" feeling I experienced last year (although it turned out to be a false alarm) but 5 days on (exactly 7 days since first sexual contact with new partner) I went to the gents and after urinating noticed something sticky on my fingers (sorry disgusting I know!) and noticed some slightly white/clear fluid rushing out of my ureatha. I quickly flushed this down the toilet. it is now 3 days since then and I haven't seen (or noticed) any further discharge from my penis since.

So to sum up quickly

1. Do you think this is likely to be an STD that caused this 1 off discharge from my penis? Is there anything else that can cause discharge from the penis apart from an STI?

2. if it was an STD that caused the discharge, Would it be causing me to have Discharge from my penis all the time? rather than just a 1 off like i've experienced?

3. Am I more at risk of catching an STD/HIV off my new partner as she is bisexual? Because of sexual contact she has had previously with women? (and not just other men)

4. Do you know (or have you heard of) anything which could be causing this constant "Damp" or "Wet" feeling I seem to have on my penis/uretha all the time? is there any other type of infection (whether related to STD's or not that could be causing this)? The reason i'm asking is because it just feels really uncomfortable.

My symptoms are as follows - Damp feeling on my penis (although I had this before and all my STI tests and HIV test came back negative) 1 discharge of fluid 7 days after sexual exposure, no discharge inbetween this 7 day period, and no discharge in the 3 days after and No pain Urinating (that i've noticed)

Thank you once again in advance for your reply

RIP Dr Bob :( I have read many of your messages on here down the years, you are sadly and truly missed by all. Rest in Peace

All the best,

John.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, John:

Yes, Dr. Bob is missed by many. His brand of sass and humor, were only matched by his breadth of knowledge.

1. Discharge would likely indicate an STD. Either Gonorrhea or Non-Gonococcal/non-specific urethritis (NSU).

2. Many people show no symptoms at all. There is no set amount or frequency when it comes to the discharge caused by an STD. Every case is different.

3. No.

4. I am not sure.

Bottom line: Anytime you have unprotected penetrative sex, you are putting yourself at risk for HIV and other STD's. I would recommend a full round of STD testing just to be certain. If you have an infection, both you and your partner will need to be treated. If that is the case, I would abstain from sexual intercourse until you have both completed courses of treatment.

In health,

Richard

oral wound and HIV
hiv survival in freezer? conflicting info