How confident can i be with my rapid oral HIV test?

my last possible exposure was in December 2009. my partners step mom had passed away and found out she was HIV positive. He said he got tested and was negative, so i didn't worry about it. I have not had sexual intercourse since that time in Dec 2009. I got tested about six months ago, Ocotober/November 2011 with the oral rapid HIV antibody test at a local clinic. My test came out to be negative. He showed me the line and told me what the "c" and "t" meant and explained that one line meant i was negative. For some reason i just cannot shake the idea that i still maybe infected reguardless of the test. How confident can i be with these results?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

I am not sure where your risk came in. Transmission of HIV does not occur from casual contact. Unless your partner was having unprotected sex or sharing needles with his stepmom, I would not be concerned. Any testing done outside of the three month window can be considered conclusive.

In health,

Richard

itchy shoulder? am I infected?
What is my HIV risk?