HELP! Condom broke with sex worker

PLEASE HELP! I am going crazy with worry about what I should do next... I also cant believe how absolutely stupid I have been, I am working in Dubai and was very drunk last night and ended up going back to my room with a prostitute from the bar. We had oral sex and moved on to protected intercourse sex but the condom broke. She felt it break and said so instantly and I pulled out asap, I instantly washed myself and then had a shower, not that i know if that would help in any way... When I got out of the shower she was gone and I do not have any way of finding her to ask if she has HIV. All I know is that she said she was from Ethiopia and she was 28.... I am married and have kids, I have never had an STD or been in this type of situation before and am very worried about how it could affect me being around my family. I am not back from Dubai for another two days but have read on forums here about PEP. Is this something I should look to get asap when I get home? How long does it take to know if you have been infected with HIV?

Please help,

Hi PEP has to be started within 72 hours of the exposure. From what you described, her stopping once realizing the condom had broke, you washing immediately and if you had no other open areas on your penis then the risk of getting HIV is very small. Is it possible yes, but again probable, no.

Your best bet is to get tested, the first time should be about 3 weeks from the event and then again at 3 months, if at that time your test are negative then you are fine. In the meantime, to protect your wife, I would either refrain from having sex or wear a condom.

Hopefully this has given you an eye opening experience to not put yourself into this type of situation again!

HIV PCR NEGATIVE & ELISA METHOD POSITIVE
Protected sex with masseuse