Donated blood now paranoid of being HIV positive

Twenty days ago I donated blood at a Red Cross blood drive and in the past week I have become so afraid that I am HIV positive. Approximately two months ago I had unprotected sex with my then boyfriend. He said he didn't have HIV but I'm still afraid. I googled the early symptoms for HIV and in the past couple of days I have developed a small rash in the palm of my hand, dry skin on my knees, knee joint pain, and back pain. I have also had a loss of appetite but no weight loss. I was wondering if my stress over this issue could be making symptoms manifest? If I were HIV positive would the Red Cross have notified me by now? I know I should just get tested but I'm really afraid and if the results were positive I don't think I could handle that. Thank you.

Hi, Yes the Red Cross would have notified you by now, as they test all blood that is donated. Stress and anxiety can cause all types of different symptoms.

If you want to be completely sure getting tested is your best bet. Knowing your status is important and with the information and the medications that we have available now if you are positive you can live a long and happy life. I just honored my 20th year of when I was diagnosed and am feeling great.

Picked my nose after touching semen
HIV PCR NEGATIVE & ELISA METHOD POSITIVE