Pregnancy and hiv testing

If i tested negative in my pregnancy for hiv at 20 weeks could my pregnancy crossreact with hiv rapid testing later? Im paraniod and looseing my mind im 29 weeks and they will repeat it at 36 weeks please help me with my concerns

HI Depending on what type of testing they ran, if they did a PCR test and it was negative then you are negative. If they ran an HIV antibody test this is one where you can be positive and the test come back negative and then when you are tested later in the pregnancy it can be positive. I would ask what type of test they ran and request a PCR if that is not the type of test they ran. It is not a usual one they do because it is quite expensive, most insurance does cover it.

If for some reason you are positive, there are medications they can put you on at any time during your pregnancy that will prevent your child from being born positive.

HIV contamination by masturbation
HIV and hep c coinfection