Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

stress? yeast infection? mono? bacterial infection?
Apr 18, 2012

I am 21year old male healthy!!so heres my story on december 2 2011 i had only oral sex she went down on me unprotected with a stripper worker i was too stupid to do that alcohol made me not think and it was only like 5minutes on and off . I had no symptoms yet till february 20 2012 i had high fever that lasted for 2hours than went away. and on the feb22 i had high fever again then went away they were both at midnight as well. and i havent gotten fever again. those were the only symptoms.

Than on march 3, 2012 i had unprotected vaginal sex "rough sex" with a friend of mine at night but didnt take a shower and just cleaned it a bit and noticed this small red dots spots on my penis head maybe like 3 to 5dots the next day in the morning but didnt pay attention much to them than on that same day i went to the gym and same girl drove to the gym to visit me and ended up having sex for about 5minutes only and i had still not taken a shower till i got home and was lil sweaty from the gym. Than the next day the red dots spreaded into a rash and i started putting this cream and went away in like 7 to 11days NOW its completele gone!

But 3weeks later like on march 25 i noticed my fingers from left arm went a little numb while driving and i got scared and went to the doctor on the 28th of march they did blood and urine and when i left the clinic i started feeling worse due to the results of thinking what disease it could be. went back a week later for results and doctor didnt find anything i did blood and urine test for all STDS possible and HIV and all came negative.. and when i left the doctor i felt relieved but days later i couldnt believe i was - so the numbness has increased in hands but mostly feet and legs and i have joint pain in knees only, abdominal pain mainly on left side. and feel weak and skin is so sensitive to touch, couple headches. mucous, back pain like 3times only. and thats it now its april 13 2012. i have read so many symptoms and im really scared and nervous. and i dont think this feels like anxiety. when the symptoms started as well i was doing session of a root canal of a tooth !

i had infected for over 5months and i also used to take testosterone booster and protein shakes for the gym and vitamins.. i dont know what i could have. when i went to the doctor she also said i had HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE but i think it was because i was scared and nervous. I need someone to tell me if they had the same symtoms and what can all this symptoms be. thank you alot please let me knoww.

I DONT have swollen lymph nodes, vomiting, diarreah just 1 time when i was waiting for results at clinic and another one days later. and have NO more rashes occuring. no more fever.

MAIN SYMPTOMS: Abdominal pain mostly on left side only, lil dizziness Numbness and tingling on hands feet maybe legs, and skin sensitive i touch myself and goes red but goes away quick. Sleeping problems when i try to sleep legs get really heavy and i wake up really early. joint pain ONLY on knees. and just feel weak with nervous energy. and not a lot of headaches maybe like 5 that go away in seconds or minutes. and pulsing sensation all over my body it has happened like 3times only when im reading about symptoms. ive been eating normal with no problem but i just havent since im always kinda worried. and lost a few pounds..

please get back at me with what you think!! thank you.. Also the last girl told me to not worried about the condom because she had the birth control shot in her arm underneath her biceps she even showed me. but still i should of wore one. and ive been suffering from anxiety since high school but never felt this symptoms it was just panic attacks before.. this symptoms feel different.

can it be stress and anxiety? yeast infection? candida overgrowth? mononucleosis? or some kind of bacterial infection??

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi From what you have described you have been tested for HIV and it came back negative. I would continue follow up with your health care provider, the symptoms you describe could be from high blood pressure or the other items you mentioned. Stress and anxiety can cause a lot of symptoms as well. And just because someone is on birth control does not take away the possibility of HIV infection, you must wear a condom to prevent this and all the other sexually transmitted infections.

Follow up with your health care provider regarding your ongoing symptoms, but again with your HIV test coming back negative you are HIV free.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Needle prick at an accupuncturist office
Next
rna pcr test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.