rna pcr test
Apr 18, 2012
Is an rna pcr test reliable after 18 days post possible exposure?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, Yes it is. It is not generally ran due to the expense of the test but it is accurate as it is picking up the actual virus and the HIV test done by oral or blood is picking up the body making antibodies against HIV.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.