|rna pcr test
Apr 18, 2012
Is an rna pcr test reliable after 18 days post possible exposure?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, Yes it is. It is not generally ran due to the expense of the test but it is accurate as it is picking up the actual virus and the HIV test done by oral or blood is picking up the body making antibodies against HIV.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Fingering Worried I Have
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.