Swab test positive for hiv preliminary help

doctor i went to do a hiv testing in my college and they did a swab test and there was it came back postive two lines and then they did another rapid test and it only show one line negative. Then i decided to rush to the emergency to have a blood test they did a ora quick advance blood test and after 20 minutes it came back negative. And she assure me im fine what are my chances and why did i test positive for the swab test .

Hi sometimes testing does come back with a false positive or false negative. Having them run the second test and then going to the hospital and having both of those test return negative, then you are negative at this time. If you have a specific exposure that you are worried about the time to get testing is 3 weeks after the exposure then again in 3 months. If the test at 3 months is negative then you are negative from that exposure.

Hope this helps, be well and stay safe, Shannon

hiv transmission
Effect of Acute Hep C infection on HIV testing period