Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Symptoms of STDs?
Apr 18, 2012

Hi I had sex with a sex worker 5 days ago and I have had a flu-like symptoms(sore throat, fever, dizziness, and tired) since 2 days ago(3 days after actual encounter). During the intercourse, I had a vaginal sex(protected), received oral(protected) and there were a lot of contacts(not genital-genital) while there was no protection. At the end, we finished each other off and I got my cum on her and vice versa(again not on the genitals, just on the body). I had my fingers in her genital, but I wiped it off straight away with wet cloth. Then, I took a shower and used the towel/soap she had(not sure if its related though).

As I mentioned, 3 days later, I had a flu like symptoms and also when I masturbated, some clear discharge came out. Also I had a little fever and I had a warm feeling during urinating.

I should also mentioned that I had a pretty wild few days, with getting drunk for 3 nights straight with very little amount of sleep. I've been out in the cold weather a lot too. So all these symptoms made me confused. Since it happened right after the sexual encounter with a sex worker, it made me worry that I caught something nasty(hopefully, it's just a flu and the rest are just psychological after many research about STDs symptoms online).

To sum up, I talked to a sexual clinic closed to me and they offered me to take chlamydia and gonorrhoea tests, and I'm still waiting for them. What I would like to know is that if there any other tests that I should take(anything else that I could catch?) and if there is how long should I wait before taking them?

Thanks a lot

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi good for you for using protection. Your symptoms are too quick to appear for HIV but yes you should have thorough screening for all STD's. Just to be sure and especially since you have had some symptoms.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
cut on heel at strip joint
Next
Possible hiv exposure shortly after endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy surgery

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.