HIV from food which may contain sperm?
Apr 18, 2012
Can i get HIV from eating food a few hours later that may contain sperm from a takeaway ? I also have an ulcer in my mouth
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No you cannot. HIV dies almost immediately after leaving the body. so any body fluids that contained HIV that was present on the food would not contain a live form of the virus.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Will Happen If Gonorrhea Goes Untreated?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does The Discharge Of Chlamydia Look Like?
- Topical Cream For Shingles And Nerve Pain
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.