Apr 16, 2012
Two weeks ago my girlfriend had her annual screening with her doctor. Her test came back positive for gonarrhea. Last year she had the same test which was negative. I immediately got tested and received the antibiotic. I haven't received my test back but am wondering how common it is for tests to be FALSE POSITIVES.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Sorry, false positive is unlikely. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Flaky Skin?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.