Apr 16, 2012
Two weeks ago my girlfriend had her annual screening with her doctor. Her test came back positive for gonarrhea. Last year she had the same test which was negative. I immediately got tested and received the antibiotic. I haven't received my test back but am wondering how common it is for tests to be FALSE POSITIVES.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Sorry, false positive is unlikely. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Std Test Procedure For Men
- What Are The Most Common Std's Among Teens?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Do Genital Herpes Look Like When They First Start?
- What A Shingles Rash Looks Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.