Test and timing
Apr 16, 2012
I had a possible exposure 4 years a go. I took an oral Michael test recently and it was negative. My question is because of the delay in testing could I get a false negative? Please answer.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No if an exposure was 4 years ago, an HIV test would be conclusive. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis Spread Through Semen
- How Long Does Hiv Stay In Your Body Before You Know You Have It?
- What Are The Possibilities Of Getting Hep C From A Needle Prick?
- Is There Anyone Who Use Herbs To Treat Hiv?
- How Long Does An Hiv Pcr Dna Test Take?
- What Does An Indeterminate Hiv Test Results Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.