Risky Behavior

I had unprotected gay sex with 2 different partners, both indicated they were HIV negative. The sex was brief dipping and not to completion, meaning neith partner ejaculated inside me. Both of these events were 3 and 4 weeks ago respectively. Last week I got a sore throat, fever and swollen glands that lasted days. I tested negative 2 days after the symptoms presented and disappeared. Could the test be wrong?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

It's not that the test is wrong. it's that your body has not had enough time to produce antibodies in sufficient enough quantities that can be detected by the test. Only a negative HIV test at the 90 day mark can be considered conclusive.

Dipping, while a lower risk than full on penetrative sex, is still a risk. Anytime you have unprotected penetrative sex, you are at risk. The risk for the receptive partner is always higher.

I would suggest a test at the 90 day mark, just to be safe.

In health,

Richard

Please help.
Curiousity of HIV