towel/bed sheet? swollen glands?

Hello, I'd like to know whether a towel/bed sheet can be a media of HIV transmission or not? coz when I visit this sex worker 12 days ago I laid on the bed which I don't know it's dirty or not and I'm naked. I don't know if there's some couple use the bed before and not change the bed sheet.. and I have a skin allergy, so maybe there's some little cuts/rash in my body... (1) is it possible to transmit this way? and after I clean my body in bathroom, she gave me a towel to dry myself,I don't know whether she already use that towel or not, stupidly I used it to dry my legs and I don't know is there any wound on my legs that time (I think there's not)... so (2)is there a chance it transmit this way too? assuming she used it to wipe herself first? if she used it maybe it's 1-2 minutes after she uses it... (3)how long does HIV virus lives outside the host body? and I also ever heard They say in ARS there's a swollen lymph glands...(4)what's its characteristic? Is it painful? I notice that there's some enlargement (placed under my right ear) it shaped like a blood vessel though (or muscle maybe), it's not painful,and I don't feel the same thing in the left side of the neck... no fever, no other problems... a new worriness since it's 12th day from that day.. If I'm not mistaken that enlargement was already there from a long time... but just in case to rule it out of my worries... - and "IF" there's a swollen glands how many days it takes to get back to normal... just to follow it up.. thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

There is no risk of transmission from a situation like this. I would suggest reading the section on HIV transmission. HIV does not live well outside of the body, needs a portal of entry into your body, and the mode of transmission must facilitate infection. In the situation you are describing none of these criteria are met.

In health,

Richard

bleeding gums during oral
Condom breaking at base. What's my risk?