PCR test

Hi Dr. I am not sure what kind of pcr test to take as there are a few. What test is more accurate for someone who may be seronegative ( 14 months later) I just took another rapid mouth swab test and was negative. I still have sore throat, dry mouth, edema ( skin is impressions all over) I am not overweight. blood in stool, sinus infection, and very dry and sensative skin. The doctors here don't think that somone can still have HIV if you test negative on a antibody test. But most people are ignorant and there are known and documented cases of seronegative.

I am sure that the viral load test available from your clinic is fine. Most common is probably the COBAS Ampliprep or the COBAS Taqman tests. DW

Possible exposure to HIV and HHV8
Test Results after PEP