The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PCR test

Apr 14, 2012

Hi Dr. I am not sure what kind of pcr test to take as there are a few. What test is more accurate for someone who may be seronegative ( 14 months later) I just took another rapid mouth swab test and was negative. I still have sore throat, dry mouth, edema ( skin is impressions all over) I am not overweight. blood in stool, sinus infection, and very dry and sensative skin. The doctors here don't think that somone can still have HIV if you test negative on a antibody test. But most people are ignorant and there are known and documented cases of seronegative.

Response from Dr. Wohl

I am sure that the viral load test available from your clinic is fine. Most common is probably the COBAS Ampliprep or the COBAS Taqman tests. DW

Possible exposure to HIV and HHV8
Test Results after PEP

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint