Blow job with condom

Dear Dr. Bob, I recieved a blow job from a cheap hooker with an unidentified bump on her lip. Looked to be herpes. I wore a condom. Am I still at risk for AIDS, or any other STD such as herpes or syphillis? Thanks, Extremely worried Mike

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, Mike:

You know what cheap hookers, expensive hookers, and your Aunt Mildred have in common? Yep, you guessed it! Herpes! Oral herpes is fairly common. That's what cold sores are! Quite often Herpes is transmitted to individuals as babies from older relatives who give them kisses. It is possible that the bump on her lip was Herpes. It's also likely that you have been exposed to oral herpes many times over. Even without an active fever blister/cold sore, a person can still shed the virus on the surface of their skin and infect someone.

Syphilis can be transmitted orally. Your use of a condom help reduce the likelihood of that happening. The risk for HIV transmission with oral sex is very low. Using a condom makes the risk essentially zero.

I do not think you need any testing for this incident in particular. However, be sure to get a full STD screening every six months, including Syphilis and HIV.

In health,

Richard

Hiv Transmission Toilet Paper?
Herpes