HELP! POZ Pre-Cum Got on my Penis!

Yesterday, I engaged in mutual masturbation with a POZ friend of mine. I like him a lot and this seemed safe enough at the moment. His precum was fairly heavy and suddently I realized he was going back and forth between his own dick and my dick, and rubbing his precum all over my dick, including the opening. How substantial is my risk? Did HIV enter my body through my urethra or by the skin of my penis?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The virus can enter through the urethra, or a cut/abrasion on your penis. It is unlikely that infection took place in this situation. The virus does not live well outside of the body. In addition, the friction caused during masturbation would help inactivate the virus. We can't even be sure that there was any virus present in his pre-cum.

Mutual masturbation is a safer-sex activity and does not pose a big risk for transmission.

Bottom line: I would not be concerned.

In health,

Richard

Injected Someone Without Gloves...Am I At Risk
Hiv Transmission Toilet Paper?