Injected Someone Without Gloves...Am I At Risk

Hi, the other day this guy I know asked me to help him shoot himself up. I told him I'd help him but that I wouldn't inject myself using his needle as I am aware of the dangers sharing needles poses. I didn't have any gloves but made sure that I didn't have any cuts in my hand and constantly kept an eye on the needle to make sure I didn't accidentally poke myself. I'm pretty sure (99.99%-100%) that no blood landed on my hand (no even a drop) and I know for a fact that I didn't prick myself with the needle and I never let him convince me to use his needle. Am I at risk? If I snorted heroin that he gave me could I have HIV? There seemed to be no blood on the heroin i snorted.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I'm glad that you seem to be aware of the dangers of sharing needles because the danger for HIV transmission is quite high. HIV does not survive well outside of the body. Even if there was blood on the Heroin, there would be no risk for HIV transmission.

From what you are describing, transmission in this situation is not likely. If you had stuck yourself with the needle after injecting him, there would be a risk. In this case, that did not happen, and I would not be concerned. Even if you had gotten a drop of blood on your skin, as long as it was intact HIV would not be able to access your blood stream.

In health,

Richard

Sex with HIV poz
HELP! POZ Pre-Cum Got on my Penis!