Breast Milk and HIV transmission
Apr 7, 2012
I know that HIV can be transmitted from mother to child during breastfeeding, but what is in the breastmilk to cause this transmission? is it blood product? the actual virus?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Breast milk contains HIV especially with the mom having a high viral load.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Oral Sex
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.