Breast Milk and HIV transmission
Apr 7, 2012
I know that HIV can be transmitted from mother to child during breastfeeding, but what is in the breastmilk to cause this transmission? is it blood product? the actual virus?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Breast milk contains HIV especially with the mom having a high viral load.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Window Period For Herpes?
- Acute HIV Symptoms All At Once
- Acute Hiv Symptoms In Women
- If My Blood Test Comes Abnormal Should I Get An Hiv Test?
- Can You Get Hiv From Fingering A Female?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.