eye contact - what is a significant amount for infection?

Hello!

Last night I went to club, it was very crowded and quite dusky. While dancing I felt something tiny hit my forehead and my eye (right into the eye). It was to sudden to close the eye or to blink. But it was very small, I just felt it hit my eye - it did not burn and it was not really lachrymatory. Possibly it was saliva or sweat which got into my eye - and I know that there is no risk of infection.

But what if it would have been little amounts of blood? It was too dark to see anything. Would this amount have been enough for an infection? Or is so many blood necessary that it would burn, cause a red film on the eye or lead to teardrops?

I am sorry if my question is rediculous. But I thought HIV is not transmitted by ordinary events. But there are so many exceptions with eye-contact that I am verxy confused!

Hi, Your question is not ridiculous. HIV transmission through eyes is highly unlikely. For this to occur there has to be a high amount of blood and the person has to have a high viral load. So not knowing the status of the person whose blood or sweat hit your eye, if indeed that's what it was, doesn't increase the chances of HIV transmission. The small amount of what hit your eye would not put you at risk for HIV.

Condoms
Please put my mind ar rest