"Have I put my self at risk 4 times?!?"

Dear Erik, I see you specialise in non-sexual risks. I think Im going crazy, things keep happening to me and each time I think I have caught HIV. If I tell you them could you please tell me if any of them are possible exposures.

a) wiped myself with wet tissue that had been previously dropped down a toilet, I fear by a menustrating HIV lady. I had thrush at the time and have read about dendrical cells.

b) put my hand down a toilet to retrieve a key. It appeared flushed, the skin round my nails is in bad condition.

c) after cleaning toilets at work I poured the dirty water from the bucket into the drain. Some splashed on my foot, I looked down and had a fresh cut on my foot, I think some of the water landed on it

d) I work in a restaurant, I cleared a guys plate and whilst scraping left overs in to bin I stabbed myself with his fork. It pierced my skin but never bled. Im thinking Dendric cells could of come to damaged skin and took HIV virus.

Please help me so I can either lay my fears to rest once and for all or under your advice go and get tested. I need help, I am constantly worrying and ruining my familys life. Thank you for your time.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thank you for your question,

There's no risk from any of the situations you describe. (The details as to why can be found throughout our forum).

Simply put, HIV+ body fluid needs to come out of someone's body and go directly/immediately into your body . This only happens under certain conditions. I could explain the ins and outs but you can find this described many times throughout our archive...

Instead, it sounds like this information isn't what will make you feel better. Rather, you need to learn how to manage your fear of HIV in daily life. We want you to feel better in the long-term, not just for a little while.

You can begin your path to long-term wellness by seeking out a mental health professional in your area.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Fear over supposed risk "HIV and raves"
"Genital warts" and possible infections